We have received the following notice from the Family Information Service at Hull City Council.
From September 2017 the government will increase free childcare for 3 & 4 years olds from 15 hours to 30 hours a week for working parents.
The extended free childcare entitlement will be available to parents/carers of three- and four-year-olds where:
- Both parents are working (or sole parent in a lone parent family)
- Each parent/carer earns on average: a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage and less than £100,000 per year
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave or statutory sick pay
- One parent is employed & the other parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring
- One parent is employed & one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits.
We want to hear the views of local parents on how they want to access their 30 hours entitlement.
We have created the following survey https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=148526132684
The consultation will be tweeted on the Hull City Council twitter feed throughout February 2017.Back to news